Thursday, September 24, 2009

13 weeks and life is good

My hubby did a good job this year with birthday presents. He was thinking about both of our abilities to sleep with an active baby in the house. I got a maternity pillow which looks like the picture I attached and an extremely comfy mattress pad that feels like heaven.

I'm doing quite well now that I am in the 2nd trimester. I am not nearly as nauseated or tired as I was before. I am beginning to embrace the 67 degree working conditions I am subjected to each day. I have been wearing short sleeves and no jacket all week It has been great considering I spent the summer in sweaters in this building. Brrrrr. Tomorrow I will be talking to HR about maternity leave to get the official word on how and when I take time off after the baby.
Finally, I have decided to do a fun little poll for all my visitors. In 5-6 weeks, we will know the baby's gender. What do you think it will be? A few "wives tale" symptoms are:

craving fruit / orange juice
carrying high
fetal heartbeat is 160
stronger and faster growing nails
Shiny fast growing hair
mid morning sickness
increased ache (Ack!)









No comments:

Post a Comment